Keaton Zeta

Suggestions for the new LIFE RP

Optimized so It Runs well on Not So Beefy PC's (Yes Yes I know ArmA isnt an optimized game but you can optimize the server?) Idk?!

moar RP :kappa

More small arms play. Being pistols or smgs

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1
  • DOUKNOWTHAWAY 1

remove large rifles and such at least at the start to make gunfights less relevant and allow more communication 

• Like 5

12 minutes ago, Mike Nolan said:

Optimized so It Runs well on Not So Beefy PC's (Yes Yes I know ArmA isnt an optimized game but you can optimize the server?) Idk?!

The map is very optimized, and as for the framework part of it, I have been cleaning up a lot of code to make things much more smoother such as less db calls, removal of shit loops, etc. Should help increase load times and fps in general. 

Edited by Travis Butts
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Blake Smith said:

remove large rifles and such at least at the start to make gunfights less relevant and allow more communication 

This is the plan, lets hope it all works out :D

11 minutes ago, Travis Butts said:

The map is very optimized, and as for the framework part of it, I have been cleaning up a lot of code to make things much more smoother such as less db calls, removal of shit loops, etc. Should help increase load times and fps in general. 

Fuck thankyou so much

Make large guns less relevant. One way to do this is by increasing the price for a 7.62 for example so high that people are more inclined to buy smaller guns, as buying the 7.62 will take a large part of their bank account

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Gill Corbyn said:

Make large guns less relevant. One way to do this is by increasing the price for a 7.62 for example so high that people are more inclined to buy smaller guns, as buying the 7.62 will take a large part of their bank account

Yes, this is a good idea!

Maybe have vehicles and weapons that you could some what reasonably get in this kind of environment, not fucking helicopters with dual explosive bullet miniguns

• Like 2

Make the world more realistic like drugs expensive and hard to make. Make more small weapons available and Ar's expensive and hard to get. More legal things to do that pay off. 

• Like 1

Make it so third person glitching isn't an option. Driving can be third person but gun fights should be first person it enhances the rp and makes the action much better.

• Like 1
  • NotLikeThis 1

9 minutes ago, Nikita Sadovnikov said:

Make the world more realistic like drugs expensive and hard to make. Make more small weapons available and Ar's expensive and hard to get. More legal things to do that pay off. 

8 minutes ago, James Mckinney said:

Make it so third person glitching isn't an option. Driving can be third person but gun fights should be first person it enhances the rp and makes the action much better.

So what I'm getting from this is High AR Prices, Hide illegal things, and gunfights in first person?

People will dupe. High AR prices don't work. Just dont have them 

• Like 3
  • NotLikeThis 1

Also, people could come in with a 2 second pbo and spawn a gear set for them.

• Like 1

The idea of pistols and smgs is rather bad, simply because of level 3 armor making the combat comical, where it takes half a mag in the chest to kill.

Bring in more deadly weapons so people value their life. You don't take your chances if you guy can drop you before you even pull out your gun.

Add more storage to vehicles. I don't see why all vehicles can't have 20-50 so people don't have to lug around their zipties and lockpicks with them.

If first person combat is on foot, then those in vehicles will always have the advantage, either remove thirdperson completely or keep it in as it is.

Reduce gun prices and increase the ammo prices drastically. @George Rush once tried to give me his gun and he had 40 magazines with it. Why bother to aim if you carry around 1200 bullets with you?

Make each mag be 1-5k each and guns about 30% cheaper. Guns are easy to get but you can't miss or you lose lots of money.

Edited by Mikey Willche
fixed typo
  • Like 1
  • OMEGALUL 2

Question: Will you guys use the old Malden roster for the police force ? Just wondering if all this waiting was worth it or not.

11 minutes ago, Christian Germond said:

Question: Will you guys use the old Malden roster for the police force ? Just wondering if all this waiting was worth it or not.

Ask PD command 

1 hour ago, Mikey Willche said:

The idea of pistols and smgs is rather bad, simply because of level 3 armor making the combat comical, where it takes half a mag in the chest to kill.

Bring in more deadly weapons so people value their life. You don't take your chances if you guy can drop you before you even pull out your gun.

Add more storage to vehicles. I don't see why all vehicles can't have 20-50 so people don't have to lug around their zipties and lockpicks with them.

If first person combat is on foot, then those in vehicles will always have the advantage, either remove thirdperson completely or keep it in as it is.

Reduce gun prices and increase the ammo prices drastically. @George Rush once tried to give me his gun and he had 40 magazines with it. Why bother to aim if you carry around 1200 bullets with you?

Make each mag be 1-5k each and guns about 30% cheaper. Guns are easy to get but you can't miss or you lose lots of money.

What you are saying doesn't even make sense, more deadly weapons mean less roleplay, cheaper weapons means less roleplay... It's clear you don't get the idea at all.

• Like 1

With the AR issue, the way successful servers have approached this issue is to promote using higher tiers of weaponry during high level drug convoys, so rebels only take out this gear when they need it to make cash, not just to rob cops.

To make this happen, make drugs and other runs very profitable when done ‘en mass’, so large gangs would do convoys with a couple semi-trucks doing the drugs and helicopters, Subaru’s etc providing security. This would benefit both cops and civs alike as it would make for more variety than just panic buttons and responding to 10-32, in turn giving police a a softer hand. 

Also provide incentives to keep onto your gear. This could be working with PD to make sure rebels who choose to RP their way out of a situation of given a good deal of leniency (by this I mean properly RP it, not just making up on the spot BS to get away with things). Make gearing up take some time, and really push that gearing up for a purpose idea rather than just gearing up because that’s the standard.

reduce the gangs I do not like it when I get robbed by 10guys

good drug payout prices and high caliber guns

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoticons maximum are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.