Gabe Newell

Random ban

I tried to join the server today and got kicked with the message "You were banned."

After looking around for a bit I can see that other people are having this bug too and it's apparently related to mod updates.

Edited by Gabe Newell

bassicly the guys at infistar are saying its a server ban but the admins are saying the problem is at infistars side 

You need to go to the infistar discord and talk to the people there, the "you were banned" message cannot be resolved on our end

this guy said check your rcon or ban .txt

happened to me too

Ok, so this ISN'T an infiSTAR ban. We don't use infiSTAR, we use a custom anti-hack. If your mods are outdated, and you try to connect to the server, you will get server-banned, this is a way to prevent against people connecting with hack pbos. I will talk to Travis and Fini about changing it to a kick (people will still probably complain about that, but oh well!). At the moment, only Repentz (who is currently on holiday/vacation) and Travis can unban, i'll make a post in news and announcements about this and pin it on the main forums, but the reason for this is the fact none of you have updated your mods, and have attempted to connect to the server.